The Borough of Old Forge has declared a State of Emergency effective immediately, March 15, 2020 due to concerns regarding COVID-19 and the current public health emergency in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
First and foremost, the health, safety and well-being of the residents of the Borough is our Number 1 priority. For that reason, the following restrictions are being put in place in order to protect the health and safety of the residents of Old Forge and the employees of the Borough.
Public access to the Borough Building, 310 South Main Street, Old Forge is restricted until further notice.
* Any resident with business with the Borough Manager, Street Commissioner, Code Enforcement and Zoning Officer, Tax Collector and Sewer Agency will need to call 570-457-8852 to make arrangements. Going forward all business will be done by phone. mail or email.
Public access to Miles Street Community Park, Pagnotti Park, Pero Park and Marion Street Park is restricted until further notice.
* Miles Street and Pagnotti parks will be LOCKED shut. Anyone found in these parks will be charged with trespassing.
* Marion Street and Pero parks are unable to be locked, therefore anyone found in these parks will be asked to leave. Multiple offenses may lead to trespassing charges being filed.
Public access to the Old Forge Police Department will be restricted until further notice.
* If you have an emergency and need a police officer, immediately call 911.
* Otherwise, call the non-emergency number at 570-342-9111.
* Copies of police reports will be available via email. To request a police report, call 570-457-7441.
Public access to the Old Forge Senior Citizens Centers at the Borough Building is restricted until further notice.
While access is being restricted to the public, the Borough will continue to thoroughly clean and disinfect all Borough offices and Borough parks so they are ready for public use once the State of Emergency is lifted.
Our Department of Public Works will also still be working during this time, and we ask that residents please disinfect trash cans and recycling bins to help protect our workers.
We ask that you please follow all directives from the Center for disease Control (CDC) and the Pennsylvania Department of Health when it comes to the COVID-19 crisis.
Thank you for your cooperation. Stay safe and practice social distancing.
Information from Lower Lackawanna Valley Sanitary Authority LLVSA Important Notice
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!